Leveraging Strengths to Help Individuals & Teams Maximise Their Potential
I am a certified CliftonStrengths Coach and have used their assessment as an effective way to help individuals and teams to understand and develop their strengths.
Gallup’s research proves that people succeed when they focus on what they do best. When they identify their talents and develop them into strengths, people are more productive, perform better, and are more engaged. Research demonstrates that “people who focus on their strengths every day are 6 times as likely to be engaged in their jobs. They are more productive too, both individually and in teams. They are also more than 3 times as likely to say they have an excellent quality of life”.
Strengths are the unique combination of talents, knowledge, and skills that every person possesses. People use these innate traits and abilities in their daily lives to complete their work, to relate with others, and to achieve their goals. But most people don’t know what their strengths are or have the opportunity to use them to their advantage.
Strengths Executive Coaching
By taking the CliftonStrengths (online) assessment, I review the reports generated to ensure that my client agrees with and understands how their talents, skills, knowledge and approach to tasks are unique to them and the potential they provide. This self-awareness is an important step in identifying how to leverage these strengths to accomplish a specific goal. I have used strengths to help clients to:
- change career – identify related skills and a plan to effect a change in career path
- improve sales management skills
- develop skills to be an effective, collaborative manager
- develop greater assertiveness and strategies to cope with conflict
- transition into a new role – identifying and developing new skills required
Strengths Team Coaching
A team’s effectiveness is enhanced greatly if it jointly understands the strengths of each team member and then leverages them – whether in general or a specific business objective. Gallup’s research shows that “teams that focus on strengths every day have a 12.5% greater productivity. In addition teams that receive strengths feedback have a 8.9% greater profitability”.
I work with my clients to identify their objectives and then develop an interactive workshop for their team. This typically includes:
- helping teams discover, develop and use their unique talents for greater team engagement
- helping managers to use their strengths and maximise talent to reach desired performance outcomes
- providing managers with techniques for using strengths-based development to address specific team-related challenges
- equipping team members with strategies for maximising their individual and collective talents to improve team productivity and performance